Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mirror mirror on the wall, why am I not the fairest of them all?

As usual my sisters and I were discussing Big Brother last night, yes it is the sum of our existence. If you're through judging I'll carry on then...so we begin to speculate how we'd do in the Big Brother house.

We decide that Ayanda would be awesome because she's got such a sunny disposition, it would be near impossible not to get along with her. She's tolerant, smart and beautiful, the housemates and Africa would love her.
Ayanda (in the white hat) with Tema our little sister.

Anele is the middle child so growing up she had to find ways to not be overlooked so she read the entertainers memo and wrote her own! she's funny, gorgeous and so smart, most importantly she isn't scared of being embarassed, which would make her such a joy to watch. Eat your hearts out Africa!
Anele tapping into her inner diva

Then me. *cue crickets* I make a terrible first impression, absolutely shocking. I'm painfully shy, I live in my head and I'm unsettled by people who seem to have an interest in being friends with me. There's an "I'm not worthy" quality in my personality that I've been trying to shake off for the longest time - abandonment issues. So based on that I would absolutely be voted out first. However if Africa were patient with me they, like everyone else who sticks around in my life, would discover what an "ok" person I am (ok is a gross understatement I'm awesome!).

I've been told I'm funny, smart, beautiful and all sorts of other things which are destructive to the ego. If a gun were held to my head I'd probably acquiesce to the first 2 bold claims, the beauty one I struggle with. I actually don't know how to react to that specific compliment...ever. I mean obviously I'm not a dog but I've never been the most beautiful woman in the room, so that's a compliment that'll have me running in the opposite direction. When you talk about my mind then I'm on familiar ground and I even have comebacks for you.

It's a sad thing really, but growing up with stunning sisters and friends has allowed me to grow into my own and become more comfortable in my own skin. I'm not at the point where I'll bat my lashes coyly yet but I may flash a smile.

I always say, I'm an adequately wrapped present that doesn't work the first time you use it, but as you try more and more often and finally get the gift working you wonder how you got by without it.  
Me rolling like a boss

2 comments:

  1. Wow Smokey.. I love ths.. Im sure uv writn alot more blogs bt ths is d only one iv seen.. Wow! U shud consider writin a book... Codi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah Codi thanks (you see the bad-for-the-ego things I was talking about.)...maybe one day I'll bore people with a book God willing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...