Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Friends who confess

A couple of weeks ago I was visited by 2 of my best high school buddies - I describe them as "high school buddies" not because that's what they remain but because that's the last place we were all together.

To say I had a great time would be a gross understatement! We spoke about everything; boys, books, girls,  God, soccer, school. There wasn't enough time to talk about it all. Kholiwe Maziya, my annoyingly beautiful soulmate came with a bold confession
"guys I want to be an air hostess"
*cue crickets*
Nolwazi and I gave each other quick looks, hers a little more disdainful than mine, and like the good friends we are proceeded to listen to Kholiwe dream. I should mention that Kholiwe is studying towards her Honours this year in Town and Urban Planning. I see you nodding now you understand why this was an absurd confession!

Never one to steer people off the paths they've chosen in life I figured I'd show some support for my friend by making my own radical confession
"guys I want to work on a cruise ship"
*raucous-est laughter*
everyone was rolling around on the floor, I was a little offended, because why discriminate against the ships?
The conversation quickly spiralled out of control with me asking
"Nolwazi aim for the stars with us how does space sound to you?"

After we'd calmed down Nolwazi tells us about her traumatic World Cup experience. If you know Nolwazi you'll understand why the last sentence is bizarre. She went to a fan park with some friends to watch the South Africa vs France game, when Khune (South African goalkeeper) got himself a red card for some fancy footwork in the box, Nolwazi and herfriends decided to leave...but apparently so did the rest of the South African fans. As they're walking out they get separated by the crowd and Nolwazi trips and falls onto the iron railings. The crowd was merciless as they trampled over my petite friend. When she eventually got to the car she thanked God she was safe and then she cried.

It was fun chatting with my buddies, laughing at and with each other...but as with all good things it had to come to an end. Comfort food, comfort friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...