Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I'm not a "dick pleaser"

I hope the title caught your attention. Allow me to demonstrate why Young Money must be quarantined.

I feel I owe it to the world (read: the President) to explain my dislike of Young Money and their jailbird President Lil Wayne.
Where to start; I love words. That's where everything begins really, they excite me, they surprise me, hurt me and soothe me. I love music, the way the melody and the beat curves right round the words to bring about an end product that leaves the listener with a smile, tears in their eyes, anything just evoke some sort of emotion. I'm slightly squint in one eye from side-eyeing anyone who sings along to Young Money, I wasn't born like this so naturally someone's got to pay. My love of music is directly proportional to my love of words, I'm not a jazz fan (which sucks because I've tried so hard to be cultured) for the simple reason that I need the words to connect.

Weezy has a song titled Dick Pleaser feat Jae Millz. Catchy, I'm sure but I could never sing along;
"she dont suck dick but expect for me to eat her.
That hoe crazy man and you dont wanna meet her.
But her home girl Nita swallow cum by the litre."

He doesn't even have the grace to be subliminally mysogynistic. Really if anyone reads this and doesn't understand why Wayne must burn, there's space for two in that fire.

He has another song, which was written for Mother's day and celebrating the wonder that is woman. I was hopeful for a minute there until I read the first line of that song, feast your eyes on this;

A Dedication
"Yo This Is The Dedication To The Bitches To The Women ya Digg
A Bitch Is A Female Dog (Preach)
And They Say A Dog Is A Mans Best Friend"

I'm not equipped to deal with this kind of back-handedness. Besides the fact that his metaphorical use of likening a bitch to a woman is completely ill-advised and in bad taste the last line of this allegorical masterpiece is;

"That Was A beautiful Dedication Right There
To The Women Shout Out To My Daughter Your Daughter Too."

I admit, on some days I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but did he call his daughter a bitch, excuse me, a female dog which in Young Money Narnia seems to be a compliment? He's got songs with titles like, "Alphabet bitches". Of course he's a genius, I'm just a prude.

Then there's the wonder that is Nicki Minaj. Her song Did it on 'em is about how great she is and how far ahead she is in the game in comparison to other female rappers.

"More talent in my mother fuckin left thumb
She ain't a Nicki fan then the bitch deaf dumb
You ain't my son you my mother fuckin step-son"

Turns out I'm a deaf dumb bitch, I don't even know what that last line means! Seriously though I love female MC's, worship Queen Latifah, Salt 'n Pepa, MC Lyte, the list is endless. Women who understand that fitting into the male dominated genre is not as important as celebrating the beauty of womanhood, keeping your you-ness. MC Lyte has a track called Beyond the Hype, it has the same sort of message as Nicki's Did it on 'em but in a different way, a way the real Hip Hop warriors do it. I recognise a good gimmick and Nicki's awesome at being a temporary distraction.

The reason men populate Hip Hop more than women is because they don't conform to what they think their female fans would want to listen to, they rap regardless, whether or not their flow is sick you'll have ladies in the club, hands in the air talking about how his genitalia will make you say his name.
I have a 12 year old sister, Tema, who loves music, she's not discerning yet so she sings along to what she sees on TV. One day she asked Anele what Beyonce means when she says "it's too big. it's too wide, it won't fit". Anele's mumbled answer was "his ego" Tema, not deterred by Anele's non-committal response asks "but why would she sing about his ego and where won't it fit?" Sincere curiosity in her eyes, she needed to know. Kids need to know and because of this people need to be responsible for their lyrics.

Anyway this was about Lil Wayne, Lord forbid Tema develops a liking for dreadlocked rappers, fresh from dropping soap; however will I explain that when a man calls you a bitch he just means you're a female dog, and dog is a man's best friend so always give him a hug after he says that. Or lick his face. Or pee on his shoes.


The Young Money Crew
http://www.globalgrind.com/
 Thanks Lil Wayne.

1 comment:

  1. LMAO!!! Nono you hit the spot my friend! YOU are the gospel!!! This was a good one!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...