Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

The shine in my sun

The title of this post sounded so much cooler in my mind but it looks so random and forced in writing...anyway now that that's out of the way...I want to just share my real life heroes with you just because I can.

These are people who touched my life and shaped my perspective. On a good day I call them friends on other days I refer to them by their first, middle and last names.

Behold...My niggas


Anele Tshabalala: Sister, friend, fellow soldier in God's army...she makes being a big sister so easy. She teaches me everyday to be the best me I can be, Oprah's already got being Oprah on lock but the vacancy to be Nono is wide open.





Sizophila Khubone: The other musketeer. I've never been good friends with anyone younger than me, but when I met Sizo, our souls did the connecting and our minds didn't stand a chance. Such an amazing woman, the life of the party too. The future voice of South African radio - you heard it here first.



Patiswa Jwacu: She's driven and she's Xhosa...if anyone knows another recipe for success I need them to stop me right now and holla real quick. Dynamite comes in small packages has never been so true.
Babalwa Sobikela: The self-proclaimed diva!!! She's a beauty queen who moonlights as a journalist. Hilarious sense of humour (mainly cause she's so lame) what I admire and try to emulate about her is her drive...Babes knows where she's going and she knows exactly how to get there *takes notes*

Thulie Khanyile: My tiny friend, she has the cutest...everything! Thulie's one of those people you forget are in the room until she makes one of her random observations. I found a kindred spirit in her when I learnt we had the same unashamed obsession with Zuluboy! Judge away, I'd still holla at his nappy head

Luthando Slash Nzimande: He insists he's a poet, the jury's still out on that. Seriously though Slash is an amazing wordsmith (that sounds like such an outdated profession, like King Arthur might have had a wordsmith) because it'll probably annoy him, I'm sticking with it. Such a good friend, so silly...he's like therapy, always what the doctor ordered! Sidenote: he's the one in the middle!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...