Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My name is Nono and...

I'm a 22 year old black woman who believes in people. I blush when I'm embarassed and cry when I'm happy. I laugh when I'm sad and my heart refuses to desert my sleeve. I walked into confidence when I was 18 years old and it has loved me passionately albeit intermittently for 4 years.
I'm new to womanhood and new to loving what I see in reflections so when I meet you and the colour of my skin offends you before the sparkle of my wit can charm you then confidence walks away from me.

It's upsets me that you don't know what I'm showing you. That you can't see that you're in the presence of insecure perfection. My skin is not just me it is the beauty of a people who bleed when you hurt them but are strong because there's no other way to be.

I love with my heart but yesterday that heart bled till it hated. And the confidence left me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...