Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

My slice of happiness

My life continues to amaze me. Little blessings, small mercies. My sisters make me laugh till my stomach hurts, my Dad continues to share his pearls of wisdom, my mom is still trying to find out what's going on in my life by interrogating my sisters who are useless allies to have. "I thank you God for this most amazing" ee cummings knew what was up when he wrote that poem. It feels like my personal life is finally where it should be.

I'm happy, nervous, anxious, moody but just very happy right through that kaleidoscope of emotions. My sisters have the strangest conversations, yesterday Tema, my 12 year old sister walks into Ayanda's bedroom and Ayanda had just woken up from a nap. Tema sits at the foot of her bed and stares at her. Pause.
Ayanda "What are you doing?"
Tema "Nothing, I just want to spend time with you."
Cute or creepy. But this is my life, these are the people I live with.

I've also found a slice of happiness too but that's all I'll say for now. I've found my smile again and I don't know how to switch it off. I don't want to switch it off.

Life hasn't been without it's hurdles but I used to be an athlete many moons ago so it ain't even no thang!

God's been great. My life's been behaving. I'm in a good place and I'd like to stay here for as long as possible before the train pulls out and takes me to the next stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...