Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dear Gemini

May 21 – June 20


I’m not a big believer in horoscopes but everytime I read about my sign - Gemini, I can’t help but find undeniable spot-on descriptions. The most dominant characteristic of this air sign is versatility. Other character traits of this sign include;

• Good communicators

• Witty

• Intellectual

• Eloquent

I once had a friend call me 2-faced, okay no need for discretion, Pusetso Tlali it was you! I was offended because I loathe duplicitousness and I always try to stay true to who I am no matter what company I’m in. But I guess with age comes self-awareness because I realised that I am 2-faced, but not in the “gossip about everyone and their mamas to everyone who has ears” way, for me it comes in the form that I can blend in with whoever I’m around. My personality’s adjustable. I adopt accents, inside jokes, gestures – it’s a complete transformation, and it’s not a conscious thing on my part, it’s just my need to put people at ease and do the analysing, rather than be the one being analysed.

I wear a lot of different hats and they all fit me well, the only thing that travels with me as I flit from persona to persona is the incurable wit and the need to learn about things, about people.

When a Geminian falls in love they are drawn to a person’s mind, intelligence is attractive to us. This is the most apt way to describe any attraction I’ve ever felt for anyone. My mind craves to be challenged, I enjoy intellectual repartee – to get as good as I give is a quality I look for in everyone. This was honed considerably by being terrifyingly shy as a child – I had conversations with myself, laughed out loud even and as soon as I realised that this was socially frowned upon I began practicing my charm on people. I’ve never looked back.

My bedroom looks like a library, I collect anything that will increase my knowledge. Words, language, eloquence, intellect – that is the way to woo me.

Adversely people who fall under this sign are also;

• Nervous

• Tense

• Inconsistent

• Superficial

• Cunning

This is true because when things go even slightly off-course I obsess about the outcome until I feel I have a handle on the situation.

I am tense only when I’m waiting on something.

The inconsistency can be attributed to the fact that Geminians get bored easily. Restlessness is a part of our nature.

I plead the fifth on the superficiality I really have no time to be, articles need to be written, football coaches to be swooned over, Presidents to be loved.

Cunning – apparently we lie with ease and cover it with our charm. Maybe.

People born under this sign sound flighty and indecisive but that’s hardly the case. I know who I am and I stand firm in what I believe. The versatility in my nature does make me more open-minded to things, people, occurrences and the like.

To play around with common quote “Find my soul and you can have my body, seduce my mind and I’m yours forever”

Date of birth: 4 June 1988. Even at my worst I could never be dull

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...