Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Long time loves

It's been a long time since I've been here. I've been doing some exciting things and buying some gorgeous shoes. I've been loving in capital letters and in colour. The world has been good to me and honest to Allah I love my life.

I have been thrilled and simultaneously shamed by the world I live in - the turtle-like speed with which the crisis in Somalia is being handled makes me nervous. The blonde, blue-eyed, Christian gunman who opened fire in Norway and how the media has no idea what to do with this information because the man doesn't fit the description they've calved out for villains. If he had a turban and prayed to Allah there might have been a greater uproar from the US, maybe even an invasion on his home country. If he had brown skin it might have been twisted to justify why the help to Somalia is so slow in transpiring, because blacks are bad. Ah God's earth and her people shame me.

I wish I felt less but I come from a line of people who empathise as easily as they draw breath. My grandfather keeps a journal to this day and writes in it every single day, I have words too, though I may misuse them from time to time, they are always there to express my outrage at the things we've accepted as commonplace.

Yesterday I said that I acknowledge that sometimes I'm too serious for 23, I'm working on it. How can I not be serious and ashamed when I can't look Earth in the eye?

Love and ease to all you beauties. I've missed flooding your timelines with my ramblings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...